Welcome to awesome bug tracking system.
FS#746 - Restore ontop property after returning from fullscreen
The current behavior is that when a client goes fullscreen and returns from that, its ontop property won't get restored. You can try this out the following way:
* I use the default rc.lua from current git HEAD (9f056716b9)
* Play a video using mplayer (window should be floating according to rule in rc.lua).
* Hit Mod4+t to make the window 'ontop'.
* Hit Mof4+f or just 'f' to make the window fullscreen. Then press Mod4+f or f again to return from fullscreen.
* Observer that mplayer window will not be ontop now.
I think it would be useful if the ontop property would be restored when returning from the fullscreen.
This task depends upon